Leuchie House is unique in Scotland. We provide short respite breaks for up to 18 people at a time with long term, neurological conditions, principally but not exclusively Multiple Sclerosis. Our professional care, nursing and physiotherapy team enable guests to have a great holiday which in turn, gives their carers a break. What we do makes a real difference to the lives of hundreds of people.
Leuchie is evolving with significant investment in our building, equipment, digital infrastructure and our staff team. We are re-shaping our delivery in line with future demand, our regulator’s expectations and our high aspirations. As part of our re-shaped senior team and in line with our succession plans we want to bring on board a leader of our health and care team who will be supported to develop this critical role within the organisation.
The post holder will be a skilled, experienced and registered nursing professional. Dynamic and able to lead – someone who wants to make a positive difference to the quality of life experienced by people with long term neurological disorders. They will be able to inspire others, and work collaboratively and synergistically with professionals and volunteers and be committed to the highest quality of care at all times. You will be keen to work hands on in a community environment and use your clinical skills and good judgement to support a staff team to deliver excellent, person centred care which enables guests to enjoy their holiday at Leuchie.
You will join as the Head of Care and we expect the post holder to become the Registered Manager with the Care Inspectorate, a role for which there will be dedicated support from the Head of Operations, with then a subsequent succession plan to report to the CEO.
This is a permanent role working full time, 70 hours per fortnight, 10 days from 12. Flexibility will be required to reflect the nature of our service.
Salary and benefits
- £37,000 to £39,000 (dependent on experience)
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- 35 days holiday entitlement
- Paid training and induction
- Life assurance, workplace pension, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- At least every other weekend off including a 1pm finish on that Friday
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
How to apply
Please complete and return the application form below by email to HR@leuchiehouse.org.uk, or send it by post to HR, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook