How you’ll benefit
At Leuchie House we want you to get everything you're hoping for from your break. We also want to make sure the positive effects of your Leuchie break live on after you return home too.
If you have a long term condition:
- You can be confident your care is in expert hands and that a personalised care plan will be in place from the moment you arrive.
- When you arrive we'll do an assessment of your wellbeing. Our focus is on identifying and addressing any potential problems before they become an issue. So if we think it's necessary we can get in touch with community health professionals such as your GP to make sure any issues are followed up when you go home.
- You'll have access to our professional physiotherapy service throughout your stay. At the beginning of your holiday, the team will discuss your desired outcomes with you and put a programme together for your break. They can also provide a programme for you to follow at home.
- If you have a wheelchair, we can do an assessment to make sure your position and comfort are as they should be, and make adjustments if needed. We can also refer you to NHS Wheelchair Services for further support after your break.
- If you enjoy socialising, Leuchie is a great place to meet new friends, enjoy a chat and have lots of laughs! Many of our regular guests have built up strong friendships over the years and now come back at times when they know they'll be able to meet up with their Leuchie friends.
- Whatever stage of your condition you are at, we adapt all our in-house activities to make sure everyone can take part and enjoy them. Similarly we have the accessible transport and equipment to make sure everyone can enjoy outings and the chance to try new things or to visit favourite places while they're at Leuchie.
- In a recent survey, 80% of our guests said they felt better after their break at Leuchie House. We'll do everything we can to make sure you do too.
If you care for someone with a long term condition:
- It can be difficult to hand over the care of someone you love. But when your loved one comes to Leuchie you can rest assured that they will be in safe hands and have all the expert care they need, 24 hours a day.
- If you choose to come to Leuchie too, we'll take on all the caring responsiblities so you can enjoy a relaxing break together. You'll have a separate room so you can sleep soundly. And you can join in with our activities and entertainment programme, or you can go off and do your own thing, safe in the knowledge that your loved one is being well looked after.
- If you'd prefer not to come to Leuchie too, that's absolutely fine. You could use the opportunity to have a separate holiday or simply to spend some time relaxing at home, while the person you care for is at Leuchie.
- Whichever option you choose, you'll get a full break from the demands of your usual caring role and the chance to relax, recharge and have some time to yourself.
- If you need advice or support on any aspect of your caring role, our professional team will either be able to help, or can point you in the direction of someone who can.
Whatever you are looking for from a respite break, get in touch and let us help you discover 'the Leuchie effect'!
"I can't remember when I last felt as relaxed and at ease with the world."
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864