Volunteering at Leuchie
Our award-winning team of volunteers - the Friends of Leuchie - are involved in just about everything that goes on at Leuchie House.
Aged from 16 to 70+, they come from all kinds of backgrounds and bring a wide range of different skills and perspectives that enhance our service in numerous ways.
Whatever skills you have and however much time you can spare, there are lots of ways you can get involved at Leuchie. If you are a good listener, get on well with others, and you're committed and enthusiastic, you already have many of the skills we need.
We offer ongoing support and training to all our volunteers to make sure you'll feel confident in carrying out your role to the best of your ability. Here are just a few of the volunteering roles available at Leuchie:
- Physiotherapy assistant
- Mealtime assistant
- Guest engagement
- Admin support
How you'll benefit
One of the many positives about volunteering is that everyone benefits:
- If you're in S5 or S6 at school, volunteering will help build your self-confidence and social skills, as well as giving you an edge in higher education and job applications.
- If you're a student, it provides invaluable work experience to supplement your academic learning.
- If you are temporarily out-of-the-workforce bringing up children, it can give you an opportunity to refresh your skills and learn new ones before tackling the job market.
- Working people tell us that volunteering at Leuchie gives them a reality check and a different lens through which to view the stresses of their working lives.
- Our retired volunteers say that it helps keep them connected and introduces them to lots of interesting people.
- All of our volunteers talk about the personal satisfaction it gives them.
The difference you'll make
By donating your time to volunteer at Leuchie you'll be helping to provide a vital service to people living with long term conditions and their families. Respite breaks at Leuchie offer a lifeline to people with MS and other long term conditions giving them a much needed opportunity for a holiday. For their families it offers an essential break from the demands of providing 24/7 care. Whatever your volunteering role at Leuchie, you'll play a part in enabling this to happen.
Take the plunge!
If you are interested in volunteering at Leuchie, we'd love to hear from you! Get in touch with Ross Macnab, HR Manager, who'll be pleased to send you an application pack, chat with you about the opportunities available and the best fit for you. You can email him or phone him on 01620 892864.
In 2016, the Friends of Leuchie were awarded The Queens Award for Voluntary Service - the highest award a voluntary group can receive in the UK - in recognition of their ‘outstanding work in the community’.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook