Leuchie House is renowned for its genuine, compassionate and caring team of staff. Working together really well naturally ensures there is always a harmonious environment. And by going the extra mile, we make sure our guests can enjoy their much-needed short break.
Many of our guests return regularly - spending time with and getting to know them is an enjoyable part of the job.
Full support and training are given to all new members of staff through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as further training throughout the year.
We excel in providing a most conducive environment in which guests really feel they have benefitted from their short break. From providing delicious home cooked meals and a range of activities and trips, to specialist nursing care and physiotherapy, Leuchie House has it all!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Charge nurse to join our team
As a nurse-led service, you must have a high level of clinical and organisational skills to be able to manage in what is a complex environment. You will have the confidence and clinical skills to make difficult decisions relating to meeting the changing needs of guests, and be able to work positively with all colleagues. As well as this, you must be able to lead the nursing and care staff, ensuring the highest level of care is delivered.
You’ll need to be engaging and forward thinking and want to positively contribute to the unique Leuchie experience.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary - £19.57 per hour / £34,599 per annum
- Working full time, 68 hours per fortnight, 7 hour shifts.
- Flexible/part time working considered for the right candidate.
- 7 weeks holiday entitlement per annum
- Paid training and induction
- Life assurance, workplace pension, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- At least every other weekend off including a 1pm finish on that Friday
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term condition
How to apply
For further information please see the job description below or get in touch to arrange a visit. When you are ready to apply, please send a completed application form to HR@leuchiehouse.org.uk
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook