Leuchie House is renowned for its genuine, compassionate and caring team of staff. Working together really well naturally ensures there is always a harmonious environment. And by going the extra mile, we make sure our guests can enjoy their much-needed short break.
Many of our guests return regularly - spending time with and getting to know them is an enjoyable part of the job.
Full support and training are given to all new members of staff through our comprehensive induction programme, as well as further training throughout the year.
We excel in providing a most conducive environment in which guests really feel they have benefitted from their short break. From providing delicious home cooked meals and a range of activities and trips, to specialist nursing care and physiotherapy, Leuchie House has it all!
Working as a key member of our team, you will provide individualised care to our guests, making their holiday experience as good as it can be.
You will need confidence, flexibility and a sense of humour to join what is a complex care environment. You will be able to remain calm under pressure and work positively with many different people. Most importantly, you will work hard to ensure that every guest that comes to Leuchie is cared for well and has a fantastic holiday experience. A break at Leuchie is about much more than just a change of care environment for our guests. It's about helping them do new things, try different experiences, make new friends and have fun.
This is a permanent role working on a shift basis. We have both full time and part time positions available and you will predominantly work early (7:30am-3pm) and late shifts (2:30pm-10pm)
Salary and benefits
- £9.27 per hour / £16,871 (FTE) per annum
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- Paid training and induction
- 7 weeks holiday entitlement per annum
- Life assurance, workplace pension, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- At least every other weekend off
How to apply
Please complete and return the application form below by email to HR@leuchiehouse.org.uk, or send it by post to HR, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892864
- Sign up for our monthly e‑newsletter, Leuchie Outlook