Local area funding
Funding your respite break at Leuchie House
Leuchie House aims to make respite breaks as accessible and affordable as possible to those who need them most. We recognise that for many people, being able to afford a break can be a challenge. Whilst we already subsidise the cost of our respite breaks through our fundraising activity, we have recently been working to secure financial assistance for people unable to afford the cost of a break at Leuchie, in particular those with limited or no local authority funding. Thanks to the generosity of The Joicey Trust, The J & J R Wilson Trust and The Merchant’s House of Glasgow we have now set up a small fund for people living in specific geographic areas.
What funding is available?
We currently have two different funding options available to help towards the cost of a respite break at Leuchie. This funding is specifically for people with long term neurological conditions currently resident in the following geographical areas:
- NORTHUMBERLAND, TYNE AND WEAR, OR THE SCOTTISH BORDERS
Grants of up to £300 available, thanks to funding from The Joicey Trust
- GLASGOW AND THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
(Glasgow City, West Dunbartonshire, East Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, East Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Argyll & Bute, North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire)
Grants of up to £700 available, thanks to funding from The J & J R Wilson Trust and The Merchant’s House of Glasgow
Who can apply?
The person with the long term condition must live in the specified geographical areas noted in the criteria above. That person can apply for the funding themselves, or ask a carer, family member, volunteer, social worker or healthcare professional to apply on their behalf.
How do I apply?
You (or somebody designated by you) should complete and return our short application form. You can download a copy here. A member of our Bookings Team will be in touch within two weeks to discuss your application with you.
Is there a deadline for applications?
No. Applications are assessed as and when we receive them, but funding is limited so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
What criteria will be used to assess my application?
- Applicants must be aged 18 years or above
- Applicants must not qualify for full statutory funding for respite breaks
- Only one application per year can be made for funding from an individual, whether the last application was successful or not
- Breaks are subject to availability and Leuchie House’s capacity to accommodate the care needs of the applicant based on our pre admission assessment
- Funding can only be used towards the cost of breaks at Leuchie House.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864