Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside, there’s nowhere quite like Leuchie House.
We specialise in offering caring respite breaks for people with long term physical conditions. Because we’re specialists at what we do, you can be confident you’ll receive expert, personalised care 24 hours a day.
Experience in caring for complex needs
We have welcomed to Leuchie people with a wide range of long term physical conditions over the years. These include multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, motor neurone disease, cerebral palsy, spinal injuries and stroke. If you have a different condition to those listed, we are always happy to discuss this on an individual basis to assess whether we can meet your needs.
More than just expert care
A break at Leuchie is much more than just a change of caring environment for you, however. It’s a chance to try new things, rediscover old things, explore different places, meet new friends, have fun – everything a holiday should be. We have the people, the accessible facilities, the equipment and the transport to make it all possible.
If there’s something you’d like to do or somewhere you’d like to visit while you’re with us at Leuchie, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. We want you to get everything you’re hoping for from your break. We know just how important breaks are.
Breaks at Leuchie House run on pre-set eleven day periods throughout the year. Most of our guests come to Leuchie for an eleven day break to get the most from their time away. If you’re looking for a shorter break, you can usually book for four or seven nights within the dates too. Just give us a ring and we’ll be happy to talk through the options with you.
Each of our breaks has a theme which provides a focus for the activities and outings on that break. But whatever the theme when you come to stay at Leuchie, we’ll always do our best to tailor your break to what you’d like to do.
What’s included in a Leuchie break:
- Personalised 24 hour nursing care
- Comfortable accessible accommodation
- Three meals every day with delicious home made food and home baking
- Daily activities and entertainment
- Choice of outings to accessible visitor attractions and places of interest around East Lothian and Edinburgh*
- Individual and group physiotherapy sessions
- Wheelchair checks, adjustments and advice
- Specialised equipment to meet your care needs
- One-to-one help at meal times if you need it
- Candle lit dinner party on the final evening of each 11 night break
- Hair and beauty treatments and relaxing therapies available to book**
- Free wifi
- Free laundry service
- No hidden extras
Holiday themes and dates
Click here for details of all the themes and dates of our breaks in 2017.
*Small fuel charge payable for trips beyond North Berwick. You’ll pay your own admission charges to visitor attractions etc. **Treatments payable separately.
"The standard of care is very high. We're basking in pleasure at the memory of last week's visit."
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864