About Leuchie House
This is a really exciting time to join Leuchie! We have gone from strength to strength since becoming an independent charity in 2011 and are now looking to the future.
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside beside North Berwick, Leuchie House is Scotland's only dedicated respite centre offering short breaks to people with a wide range of long term conditions including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s.
We are committed to ensuring all our guests have a five star experience and every member of staff plays a part in creating the fun and positive country house feel that is central to that.
Our focus is as much on social care as on health, ensuring that every guest has the chance to take part in the kinds of things that will make their break special.
The learning and development of our staff is crucial. We provide full support and training to all new members of staff through a comprehensive induction programme. And with further ongoing training provided, a positive and friendly approach is the first thing we look for in candidates.
As Leuchie continues to develop and grow, we require additional registered nurses who are highly motivated and committed to delivering excellent nursing care to our guests. As a nurse led service, applicants should have the clinical and organisational skills to manage a complex nursing environment and be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary health and non-health related team. You’ll also be forward thinking with excellent communication skills and want to positively contribute to the Leuchie experience.
Nursing at Leuchie House
To find out more about what it's like to be a nurse at Leuchie House, read Emma's story.
This is a permanent role working 70 hours per fortnight.
Salary and benefits
- £17 per hour
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of people with long term conditions
- A unique and beautiful working environment
- Paid training and induction
- 35 days holiday entitlement pro rata
- Life assurance, workplace pension, discounted gym membership, employee assistance programme, health cash scheme, access to SCVO Credit Union, discounted home cooked food, free will writing and amendment service
- At least every other weekend off including a 1pm finish on that Friday
How to apply
To apply, please complete and return the application form below by email to HR@leuchiehouse.org.uk, or send it by post to Nicole Turner, HR Coordinator, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT.
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864