About Leuchie House
This is a really exciting time to join Leuchie! As a charity we are dedicated to delivering a unique, fully integrated health and social care service, built around our bespoke five star quality assurance framework based on professionalism, wellbeing and customer service.
Set in the beautiful East Lothian countryside beside North Berwick, Leuchie House is a national respite centre offering short breaks to people with a wide range of long term conditions including multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s. We cared for people with over 35 different conditions in 2017.
We enjoy a country house feel at Leuchie, rather than a clinical atmosphere, with the emphasis as much on social care as on health. We are at the forefront in person-centered care and offer physiotherapy and a variety of activities and entertainment throughout each guest’s stay.
The learning and development of our staff is crucial as we strive to deliver a wide range of opportunities and experiences. We are delighted to be an official partner of Queen Margaret University working together on health and social care, research and co-production.
Leuchie's HR Assistant provides administration support and assists in all things HR related. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be the first point of contact for all staff and HR enquiries, escalating to the HR Manager as and when required. This is an exciting time to join the HR function and you will be integral in supporting the business, and in changing and improving HR processes to ensure an effective HR service is delivered.
The job involves:
- Maintaining HR and payroll systems and databases
- Supporting managers in all areas of HR such as recruitment, employee relations, training
- Dealing with any HR enquiries such references requests and recruitment opportunities
- Managing the recruitment process ensuring in line with company policy
- Ensuring employees are registered with SSSC and PVG as per regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and implementing HR policies in conjunction with the HR Manager and in line with legislative and procedural updates
- Coordinating all aspects of training for staff and volunteers, ensuring collaborative working across the house, in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator
You will have:
- Proven administrative and IT/MS skills are essential
- Previous HR experience is desirable
- CIPD qualification or working towards would be advantageous
- Excellent team work, interaction and general communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary, hours and benefits
- £17,194 per annum
- Full time
- 35 days holiday entitlement pro rata
- Lots of other great benefits:
- life assurance
- workplace pension
- discounted gym membership
- employee assistance programme
- health cash scheme
- access to SCVO Credit Union
- discounted home cooked food
- An opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people living with long term conditions
On your first day you can expect an interactive day of essential training, ranging from health and safety, to how to use our fire evacuation equipment. You'll also meet our Chief Executive to find out more about Leuchie’s incredible journey, as well as having a tour of the building and the chance to meet all your new work colleagues!
From day one onwards you'll have the support and guidance of your manager/mentor. They'll ensure you get the essential training and skills you need to provide the five star service we expect of all our staff.
We have a strong focus on our employees' continued professional and personal development, and will support you in your career development where possible. Our annual training week is another great opportunity for the whole house to learn new skills and refresh existing ones, rounding off with a special team bonding day!
How to apply
Please complete and return the application form below, or send your CV to Jodie Martin at email@example.com or by post to Jodie Martin, HR Manager, Leuchie House, North Berwick EH39 5NT.
All posts at Leuchie are subject to either a Protection of Vulnerable Groups register check or a Police Act Disclosure check. Leuchie is a charity registered in Scotland SC042249.
Friday 9 February 2018
- Call us to find out more 01620 892 864